Monday, July 5, 2010

Only Way to Get By

It's been hot here in the south! We've gotten a break for the past 4 or 5 days but it's coming again this week and it's been pretty constant - I'm talking mid to high 90s and when you're in the south you can automatically add 10 degrees onto that for the heat index because the humidity around here is HORRID.

Caleb and Allie would live outside if we let them I believe but Lucas and Jacob are another story. They go out and within 5 minutes are back in complaining that it's hot and they need a drink. Every five minutes time after time after time. Not to mention the door gets left open more times than it gets closed therefore I am killing fly after fly after fly all day long!!!!! PETA - don't come get me but there is something oddly satisfying about killing a fly!

The kids have played in the water a good bit this summer to get a break from the heat and so that I can get them occupied and out of the house. Plus side - I love pool pictures :)



Caleb is still a bit nervous around the water - I like it that way to be honest because at least he's not taking chances!!!! He definitely wants to be close by and feel safe.


These two are fun!!!! Except when they're getting in trouble :)


Splash Wars - Gotta love when you're constantly having water thrown in your face!!!


He's still such a baby at heart - reminds me of someone younger getting thrown because he looks so big here!


This little girl will do whatever you'll let her - except sit on a floaty - she's not interested in those. Yet she's not scared of the water one bit!!!! Scares me that she's not scared though!





Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks like lots of fun. Great pool pics.

Alicia W. said...

Girl, the HEAT has been crazy the past month and I just know we're getting started. I think we have already went through 3 bottles of sunscreen just for family outings and what not. Your pool pictures are so great and no matter what age, you'll always feel like a kid when surrounded by family and friends in a pool of water.

amanda said...

i love the pictures. makes me wish we had a pool to jump into. the humidity is crazy here today!!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Great pics Steph! Ya, it's been really hot here too! Water is the way to go!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love pool side shots too. What great water shots. I saw silly Bandz. How fun. Water is the only way to beat the heat...I agree.