Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jacob's Happenings

This kid has come a long way! I remember being so terrified at the beginning of kindergarten and now he's 3.5 weeks from walking through those same doors and into first grade. I'm not sure I'm ready for it but he sure it!

This past week he finally learned to tie his shoes!!!!!! Wahoo!!!! He was supposed to learn while he was in kindergarten but being the bad mama that I am I never got around to teaching him how to do it. All of the sudden it hit me last week that they weren't going to tie his shoes for him in 1st grade so he had to learn. I sat down for what I thought was going to be a long grueling task of teaching him and I showed him twice and the little sucker did it! Reminded me of the first time he got on his bike and just started riding without training wheels like he'd been on there forever. One thing I have learned about Jacob is that he picks up on things very quickly!!! Smart little guy.






He also reminds me of an alien right now :) He finally has a loose tooth and he is soooooooo excited! He can't stop showing me how much looser his tooth is from the previous day. All of his friends had loose teeth last year and his never were. He had to have his top one pulled but he wanted the whole experience of losing his first tooth. So this bottom one is finally loose and he already has the adult one coming in behind it. I can't help it but when there are two teeth in there at the same time it reminds me of an alien or something - it's so weird looking. These pictures are weird but it was a hard angle and I had to document :)



I believe he's ready for the toothfairy. He might even let me pull it today - Yippee - or not so much. I'm not a big fan of that part of it. I'd rather it just fall out on its own rather than me have to pull it out.


Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Yeah for Jacob for learning to tie your shoes. STunt Man learned a while back and we were so excited until he started tying them all the time just because. Ugh.
I hope the tooth falls out soon. That is crazy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never seen a double tooth like that. It's pretty cool. I wonder how much the tooth fairy pays these days?? :)

Kelli W said...

Yay for Jacob! Henry sort of learned to tie his shoes last year, but he could use some practice before school starts since we have been living in flip flops all summer:)

2 sugar momma's bakery said...

WOW...big milestones! He's a doll...I love how me makes you wiggle it every day...mine do that too! Nick starts first grade soon too...he's totally excited and ready

More Than Words said...

LOL..alien!!

So, did it come out tonight?

McCrakensx4 said...

That is a great accomplishment! As a kinder teacher I must tie hundreds of shoes every day the first month...ugh! And the tooth fairy is so much fun...Brendan has lost 2 teeth in the last 2 weeks! A few more and then he gets fitted for braces.