Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Almost Time



We leave in two days to go to Gatlinburg aka Heaven on earth! There really is no place that I enjoy more than Gatlinburg - I feel like I'm at home there. I remember the first time that we went right after David and I got married and as we were driving up the mountain towards our cabin there was this overwhelming sense of peace. At that moment I had never felt more sure of anything in my entire life and we were in the most perfect place on earth. From that moment on when we need to decompress or anything that is where we head - it's like going home. We've said since we met that one day we will end up there - when all is said and done that is our final goal to live in a cabin in the mountains.

Now is time for all the hoopla around our house though. I have tons and tons and tons to do before we can leave. Not to mention the fact that packing for 6 people period is like packing for a week I have a huge consignment sale that starts right after we get back that I need to have everything ready for before we even leave. I've had stuff stacked up for weeks now - it's like it's taken over our house.

I cleaned all day yesterday but still have a bit to go on that then we have to wash the cars and clean some more :) We leave Thursday morning and I absolutely can not wait! My parents are going to so it's going to be a blast - my dad and David both need a break from work so leaving town is the perfect medicine!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah...have fun! I can't wait for our camping break at the end of August!

Sharon said...

Have a great time!!!
We love Gatlinburg, too, although NOT in the heat. Being there in June was too much for me.
We actually stayed in Sevierville, but visited Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg plenty. Beautiful place!
Safe travels!

Martie said...

Stephanie,

I hope you have a wonderfully amazing trip!

And the photo... LOVE it! Everyone is happy all at once! Wow.

Have fun!

Martie

He & Me + 3 said...

Love that picture...so so sweet. We are getting ready to hit the road again too. It does take forever to pack everyone up. WE have to pack a doggie up too for the kennels. Lots of work to go on vacation but so worth it. Enjoy TN.

Just Jiff said...

OMG! What an AWESOME photo of your kiddos! All together!! You need to frame it. :)

More Than Words said...

Have fun Stephanie!!! Don't stress about packing. I always feel like I underpack, but then we end up not using half the stuff!

Erin said...

oh I hope you have fun!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

McCrakensx4 said...

Hope you have safe travels and a wonderful trip! Enjoy your family and have fun! Can't wait to read and see all about it.