Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me Monday

I can hardly believe it's Monday again but it's rolled around so that means it's time for Not Me Monday. It's fun to read about what everyone else did not do so head over to Mckmama's and join in on the party.

I did not have a horrible week last week. I did not almost bang my head against the wall several times and I was most definitely not incredibly frustrated with myself and the way I was handling my stress. I should be able to handle it all in stride and not let it show after all.

I did not pull a pair of jeans out of the dirty clothes for Lucas to wear to school twice during my said horrible week last week. I would never get so behind in laundry that he wouldn't have any clean clothes to wear. I did not check to make sure they looked clean even though they really weren't.

I did not take Caleb,jacob and Allie to the doctor last week on my own and I did not go through Caleb and Jacob having shots either. Taking all of them somewhere is enough of a job without adding shots into the mix..why in the world would I want to add something else in the pot at the same time.

I did not bake fresh oatmeal cookies last night and I most definitely did not wait until the kids were in bed to bake them so that I could have peace and quiet to enjoy them.

I did not have an absolutely wonderful weekend after my said horrible week. I am not incredibly refreshed this morning and ready to start a new week.

19 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

A story of suffering, but ultimately triumph. I love it. So glad that you have a positive outlook as you start your week anew, Stephanie. Cookies are always so helpful in that department. :)

When you have a chance, check out our site. You have been tagged:

http://3baybchicks.blogspot.com/2009/02/whats-love-got-to-do-with-it.html

-Francesca

Melissa said...

Ha, I have soooo done the dirty jeans thing but hey, us mom's gotta do what we gotta do!! Hope you have a better week this week!! :o)

Alicia W. said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend after your hectic week. Enjoy your Monday and hopefully some beautiful weather. :o)

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Oh Steph! Your week sounded as good ( or bad) as mine! Misery loves company! Or maybe just a shoulder to cry on!!! I hear ya and feel for ya!

hope this week is awesome! You deserve it!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I am glad that you had a nice weekend. :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such encouraging comments to me last week, while you were having a 'not good' week of your own.

Julie said...

I hope you have a great week this week! I don't wait to eat cookies after my kids are asleep either. LOL!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hey Stephanie...weird things are happening all over the place this morning. I could have sworn I already left you a comment.
We signed Mr. linky as #3 this morning. I think it erased the top five. I think yours was erased, too. So sorry to break the bad news. This really sucks. :(

Heather said...

You sound like me when it comes to the laundry. I had let mine pile up last week also that I did 7 loads on Saturday. Now Zoe has clean jeans for daycare this week!

PS - I could not read your blog on Saturday. When I opened it up none of your posts were there. So, I just looked at the cute pictures of your sweet babies!!!

Lori said...

hope this week is smoother for you... at least you got to bake and enjoy fresh baked cookies in peace!

Pam D said...

Oooh.. baking cookies after the kids go to bed so that you can eat some before they know how many you baked! Sweet... ! But, my boy has the nose of a bloodhound.. I honestly think the wafting scent of baking cookies might wake him from a dead sleep. Not worth the risk, not even for a peaceful cookie moment! Blessings on this beautiful Monday...

He & Me + 3 said...

I am always taking 3 kids to the doctors office. ugh...it is like bringing the circus. I hate it, but have no other choice. They just love us too. LOL
Glad you are rested.

More Than Words said...

Hi Steph! Been there, done that w/ the jeans out of the laundry! LOL

I'm glad you had a better week!!

Windy said...

Glad you had a great relaxing weekend. Hopefully, this week will be a lot better for you:)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, I love hearing about others' Mondays. Sigh!! I can relate to almost everything!! I would also NEVER admit to having such a week (wink!) I love the new look of your blog!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

It sounds like you are heading into a much better week than your last one was. You need a mommy retreat weekend! ;)

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Couls you push a couple of those cookies my way! LOL. Great not me's!

Stacy said...

Well I'm glad this week has started out good.

I have never sent my kids to school with dirty (but looked clean)pants..nope not me!!!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Hmm.. I feel you... yeah, I totally did bang my head against the wall today... *sigh* Here's to a better week...

Liz said...

glad things are looking up! I do the dirty clothes thing too...my second boy goes to private school with a uniform. Who the heck can keep up with all that laundry anyway?