Friday, February 13, 2009

Forcing it

I never thought I would actually try to force a paci. I've been through a child that has the paci and fighting to get it away when they're about to turn 4 so why in the world after all that would I actually try to introduce it by choice. Lucas and Jacob took to the paci and it was hard as hell to get it away. I could never get Caleb interested in one but for some reason I just want Allie to have it. There were so many times that I wanted Caleb to have something to be able to comfort himself with but he never attached to anything like that. The first couple of days at the hospital Allie took a paci but when we came home she wanted no more of it. I gave up for a few months but a week or so ago I got a new breath in me and decided I was going to try again. I gave it to her and she loved it but not for sucking on it..she'd chew on it and she'd do it forever. Last night for the first time she sucked on it and even then it was short lived..she went right back to chewing in no time. I keep telling her it'll grow on her and if she ever does take a liking to it I know when it comes time to get it away from her I'll regret ever trying to get her to take it. I'm sure I'll kick myself in the ass on that day :)

I don't have the pics uploaded yet but Allie started scooting last night and was actually getting from one place to the other and where she wanted to go. Oh my I'm so not ready for her to move yet..I just want her to stay little for awhile longer!





15 comments:

Lori said...

very cute... can wait to see the pics of her scooting!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

haha, cute pictures! Yeah, Leala liked it in the hospital and somewhat for the first week home... but she wouldn't have it after that.. :)

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Hehe. Both my girls are so attached to theirs. We try to keep them for just bedtime but it's not working too well.

Those Playtex paci's are my favorite!

Windy said...

In that 2nd picture, it looks like she's saying, "Okay, stop it, Mama!"
She is precious.

momstheword said...

Oh she is just so precious! I loved that pacifier. My kids just loved it and it quieted them when they were crying!

He & Me + 3 said...

I only had one paci lover...I was ok with it, but at times wished the other two had something other than me to comfort them. LOL

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Honestly, Stephanie, if you are going to post more darling pictures of your baby girl with a paci, I would hope that you force the habit on her! :) Hello...that close-up of her little lips is super cute! I have a sneaking suspicion that she is going to have her "pout" mastered before too long.

Is Allie teething? Just wondering because you mentioned that she is chewing on the paci. Too funny!

-Francesca

Julie said...

I can't get Tyler to take a paci. Well not consistently anyway. Every now and then he'll take one, but not usually. It seems like things would be SO much easier if he would...

Scooting? Aww...

Shauna said...

CUTE pictures! I am now following your blog! Hope you have a very Happy Valentines Day! ♥ Hugs :)

Heather said...

I wish I could get Aidan off of his... since he has a cleft palate, he can't suck on a regular one. But when we were using a special bottle awhile back, we realized he really liked the nipples from that bottle... and now he can hold them in himself (puts his little thumb in and keeps it there). It's such a lifesaver when he's starting to fuss!! I'm not prepared to wean him off of it before his surgery. Ugh.

Cute, cute pictures!! Crawling will be soon for both our babes - yikes!

McCrakensx4 said...

Finally catching up on my blogging! Alli is too cute! Happy Heart Day!

Alicia W. said...

Look at those precious cheeks!

Heather said...

Love the pics. She is so dang sweet. And how could you take that paci away from her? She acts like it is her new best friend!!!!

We tried giving Zoe one when we were in China to help with her grieving, but she wanted no part of it. Thanks to her finger. She sucks it instead. (something she was taught at the orphanage.) We've tried to get her to quit sucking it many times but she tells us that she loves it & besides, it tastes like strawberries. What more would a girl want!!!!

More Than Words said...

Oh Stephanie..she is too cute!!

None of my kids cared for the paci either! I remember them just spitting it out! LOL

Hollie said...

i know what you mean! i don't really want kate to give up her paci,,,just yet. matt keeps saying that we should start taking it from her but I'm not ready! I want her to stay little!

and the cupcake pan is actually the only muffin pan I own. it was given to me as a wedding gift. but it is by wilton, so i'm pretty sure target would have it!