Thursday, February 26, 2009

Into It

Lucas loves to play video games and I absolutely love to watch him. He gets so into it. When he plays he moves around constantly and makes the funniest faces sticking his tongue out and making noises. Sometimes I just sit and laugh watching him play. I know they say that there's a certain amount of time that you shouldn't go over with video games and tv but Lucas does so incredibly well in school that I really don't worry about..okay those of you out there that think no more than 1 or 2 shows a day you all have the right to your opinion but with four kids and me by myself all the time sometimes tv is my lifesaver! When Lucas is home on the weekends or out of school he spends a large majority of his time playing video games,watching tv or reading a book. I'll miss watching him make crazy faces when he's older and doesn't allow me to just sit and spy anymore.

Photobucket

15 comments:

Lori said...

love his expression. I think as long as children get time away from the tv/ video games then you do what you have to do!

Stacy said...

Love the look on his face.That's how my boys get into it too!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

That's so funny. My brother and cousin used to do the same thing. They would lean over and move and duck down as if they were in the game. I always thought that was hilarious.

Cassie said...

Yeah he is really into it! That's the face my husband gets when he games too LOL

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute...I don't pass judgement at all, because I have't walked in your shoes or anyone elses for that matter. We all do what we can to survive & keep our houses running smooth and if they are happy well adjusted kids that know Mom and Dad love them...that is what matters.:)

Michelle said...

cute face...I know what you mean about tv...my kids watch a lot too. I think tv is fine if monitored. There are so many educational shows and games now that sometimes we do have to let them be our babysitter..otherwise we would never get things done!

Windy said...

Funny face! My kids do the same things, Karson usually sticks his tongue out:) I am definitely NOT one of the parents against TV and video games - I love to watch movies and play the games with them. When Karson was still at home, he learned sooooo much from Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers, How It's Made, the History Channel, etc. TV is a Mom's friend:)

Liz said...

boys and their video games...so funny how much they get into it...mine are really into MarioKart on the Wii right now...they talk about the characters as if they are their friends and as if I should know who they are!

More Than Words said...

Yupp..you just described my kids! My boys love their video games! I think we have all game systems except the PS3!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Love the expression you captured. LOL! :)

Alicia W. said...

LOL, He is all into that game! :o)

Stephanie said...

Thats funny!!! When our oldest plays her ds she talks to it. It's cute and funny.

Jenni said...

Love his "game face"!

Football and Fried Rice said...

My guys love to "game" as we call it!! They get so into it that yes, we've had to take them away at time..sad :(

p.s. LOVE your blog design; adorable!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I hear you on the tv thing. With the girls being so close in age, Dora was a lifesaver at times when my youngest was an infant.
Video games help develop problem solving and quick decision making skills. :)
What a great photo!