Friday, February 6, 2009

Checked Out



I had to take Jacob and Caleb to the doctor yesterday for their wellchecks. Taking them both at the same time was insane. Having Allie there and making sure she was content the entire time was a job in itself since we were there for two hours. Not to mention that they had to get shots...that was a huge obstacle to overcome. Seriously the shots get worse when they get older. Jacob cried so much by the time they actually gave him the shot he had hives. We came home..I gave them both tylenol and they both zonked out for a couple of hours..if only Allie would of decided she wanted to take a long nap too.

Jacob is actually way late for his checkup. His birthday was in Oct and we just now got to the doctor. He weighed 46 pounds and was 3 ft 9 in tall. I am in awe of how fast he is growing. Such a big little boy with a massive attitude right now. I tell ya I think that's the hardest thing is working on his attitude. If he doesn't get what he wants then it's war and it's brutal. It's very frustrating and extremely trying. Hopefully we'll both survive this stage :)

Caleb..oh my I can't believe he's 2. This is my baby that is so skinny the lady at Stride Rite told him that he needed to thin out..remember that? Well he weighs 28 pounds. Seriously..Lucas weighed 26 when he was 1 so Caleb is very small and keep in mind that Allie is 8 months and weighs 21 right now. Anyhow he's growing like a weed...he was 34 1/2 in long.

My babies are growing up!!! and oh how depressing it is! Lucas goes next week and he's almost as tall as me now so I'm sure he'll be off the charts. Seriously whoever decided that kids should grow so fast should go back and rewrite some plans so they can slow down.

8 comments:

Lori said...

sounds like they are doing well... oh and I know about the power struggles and my little guy is only 2

I can't imagine having to take 3 to the drs all at the same time I took both boys with help and I still left frazzled

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Glad to hear that the kids are doing good. I hate taking the girls to the doctor's office. We seem to have outgrown the double stroller. No fun!

Windy said...

I agree - I love watching every step of their growth and the new things they learn everyday, but hate how fast it goes by!

Julie said...

I don't envy you taking all 3 to the docs. I go crazy with 2!!

Isn't it sad how quickly they grow up?! Trevor turns 2 next month & I am in total denial!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I feel for you ~ I was you just a few short years ago. You'll be amazed how you'll wake up and realize one day "this isn't so hard anymore!" Then you can really just have fun with your kids. Hang in there! :)

momstheword said...

I am feeling your pain. They are growing up....snif, snort, sob! Both my boys are taller than I am....sigh!

He & Me + 3 said...

Yes, it is hard to see them grow up so fast...those well baby checks just confirm it. Cute picture!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Aww.. I know what you mean.. I can't believe I have a one year old...