Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Picture Perfect

This is what happens when it snows 6 inches in the South. As of right now we are on our second straight day with no school. They won't have it tomorrow either - the school district hasn't called it yet but it's just a matter of time. After that we are looking at Thursday - kids are already out on Friday and then Monday so they're looking at almost another entire week out of school unplanned. My house is a disaster - I'm exhausted and David has been working his butt off during this storm. I worry about him constantly when he isn't home - I don't worry so much about him out in this mess as much as I worry about all the other stupid people that don't have to be and about but are anyways.

This is the view from my driveway this morning. My road is a solid sheet of ice as are almost all secondary roads around town today. The interstates, they say are driveable but all secondary roads are still a mess. The neighborhood roads well - it's still 30 degrees at almost 1 o clock and we are not expected to have any sunshine today so I have a feeling we'll be looking at this sheet of ice for a while. Almost everything is shut down in town - Since we're in SC and they aren't equipped to deal with this I think we'll be snowed in for a while - I definitely am not one of those to get out and test it - I'll wreck and I know it so I'll keep my butt in my house and continue to go crazy with four kiddos.




Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kelli W said...

I know it can be a pain...but man is it pretty!!

Kristin said...

So crazy! Looks pretty though :)

Hope you survive your lock-in!! Ha!

Paige said...

Pretty pictures! We have less than two inches and have not had school in our county this week, out tomorrow as well.

Kim said...

Wow ya'll did get lots of snow. As bad as this may sound, I Really wish it would have snowed down this way. It looks beautiful but I'm sure you're probably wishing it would go away already to get the kids out of your hair & have the hubby home. :)

~ Noelle said...

yall stay in and safe...............

Unknown said...

Wow...we don't get much snow in Arkansas either. We received 3 inches Sunday which shut everything down on Monday, but it was busines as usual Tuesday. They say we're getting more this Sunday...once is enough for me. I got my snow pix..I'm done and ready for Spring.

Praying you guys dig out soon :)