Monday, January 10, 2011

Lots of Snow and Stress

Lots of snow coming down in SC! We're at about 5 inches right now and they're calling for more and then freezing rain on top of it. Way out of the normal for us - SC doesn't have the equipment to deal with heavy snowfall - of course there are crazy drivers out there that shouldn't be out on the roads. People driving around trying to find places to sled and whatnot - really? Stay home is what I say. David had to go out - stresses me out and worries me. He says it's pretty bad out there - last I heard he was on the side of the road bc he lost a chain off his truck. Hoping he gets home soon and doesn't have to leave again - unfortunately I'm afraid that won't be the case.



Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Our roads are pretty nasty here, if I could have I would've stayed home but I had to come in to work.

~ Noelle said...

wow
hope he stays safe.
this winter storm is no joke...
i will be glad when it is over...
snow = fun...
ice on top of the snow... = nightmare

Vicky said...

Oh how I feel for you! The novelty wears off pretty quick. Nothing worse than not having equipment to clear the snow and or cars prepared to drive on it. I still get nervous driving on freshly snowed on roads-- and I have 4 wheel drive and all terrain tires. Keeping my fingers crossed that your dh will return home safely!

Kim said...

Lucky ya'll!!! We were in hopes to wake up this morning here in Charleston, SC with white snow everywhere but got zip, nothing but ice and rain. BOOO. Ha. I'm so upset because the stupid weather man said we'd have snow. :( Anyways, hope ya'll play safe & I hope your husband stays safe on those awfull roads. It sure is a mess our their all across this state.

He & Me + 3 said...

My parents were supposed to go but the weather scared them...they are waiting a bit til it clears. My mom has a music conference there every year.

Kristin said...

Scary when you're not used to it, huh?! Hope everyone stays safe :) We got snow the past 2 years here in TX, which is totally unheard of! I'm not thinking we'll get any this year though. The whole state shuts down if one flurry falls. Ha!!