Friday, January 21, 2011

5 Question Friday

Do you know that the weather man has the gall to even mention the words snow and ice in his forecast for Monday afternoon/night? Surely he knows better than that - my children have been back at school for 4 days after 10 straight days inside my house. I'm not sure I can do that again. We live in South Carolina for goodness sakes - we're not in Minnesota or Canada! We should have 40-50s temps not snow and ice storm systems just a week apart from each other. Join me in praying for no winter weather!


Now for 5 Question Friday - Head over and visit Mama M. at My Little Life to join in.

1. Where did you meet your spouse and did you instantly know it was love?


Oooh this is an interesting story. I am a big believer in fate and soul mates without a doubt. When I look back on our story there isn't a doubt in my mind that it was fate and that we were meant to be together. My mom heard from a friend about a local HVAC company that was hiring for a dispatcher in their office. I went by to fill out an application and was told that they had already filled the position so it was no longer available. I left and went about my life for the next couple of weeks. Then out of the blue my mom said that she heard the girl that they had hired didn't work out and they had let her go. They had not put an ad in the paper or even said they were hiring again so I took a chance and went by again. This time they did indeed confirm that she hadn't worked out and let me fill out an applcation. 2 weeks later I was hired and in the office. The very first morning I worked there all the technicians came into the office before they headed out on their calls. I vividly remember the second that David walked through the door and at that moment I knew there was something about him. I didn't pursue it because I was currently in a relationship and engaged nonetheless. He instantly became a favorite though among the techs at the company. He didn't give up as easily as I did however - he continued to flirt and then one day out of the blue he asked me "How hard would it be to get that ring off your finger?" Now I know it wasn't the best time and maybe not the nicest thing to do at the time given the relationship I was in however that one quickly ended and the rest is history..... it's a decision I've never once regretted!

2. What is your favorite room in your house?


It would have to be Allie's room. Maybe because I finally have pink in the house but I adore her room. The quote on her wall - "Such a big miracle in such a little girl" and the pink and green I just love it!

3. Can you wiggle your ears?


No - that's kinda weird though it might be interesting to see someone that could. Would you even call that a talent?

4. What is your evening ritual?


We have an 8 o clock bedtime for the kids when they are in school and it's pretty strict. 8 o clock means 8 o clock. As soon as they are in bed most nights everything is done. I usually try to make lunches for the next day after they get home from school in the afternoon so that's done. Everything else I try to get ahead on too so when they go to bed we can spend time together. We usually just lay in the bed and watch tv while I'm on the computer - okay maybe that's not spending so much time together :) He hates that I bring my computer with me to bed :(

5. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?

This has greatly diminished since I've had children. It used to be 10-11 hrs of sleep but I'm at about 6 now. If I get any less than that I am a mess the next day but if I get a lot more than that I feel tired.
Photobucket



Photobucket

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I am the same way with sleep...any less than 6 and I am one crabby mama you don't want to mess with.
BTW- I still love your blog layout, it is by far one of my favorites!

Katie said...

What a cute blog! I love the title, and I love how cute your kiddos are :-)

I can't believe the weather prediction - we are in Georgia, and we NEED to keep going to school. I am a teacher and it is hard to keep starting over! It's starting to feel like we live in the North.

Happily your newest follower :-)

Kristin said...

These kind of question things are fun to read :) Love the story of how you met your hubby!

Melissa said...

I LOVE the 5 Question Friday's! They're my fave! I see you are in SC, too; don't you just HATE all this wintery crap we've been getting?? I'll be glad to see Spring, that's for sure!

Allyn Marie said...

Aw, what beautiful children! I love the saying on Allie's wall! I too would love to be able to sleep 10 hours! I am now following from 5 question Friday!

Vicky said...

I am with you on the snow and ice and I DO live in Minnesota and am quite over it!! We had a record of 19 straight days of snow and then wham- we are now -12 for a high today... BRRR.

Love the story of how you met! My evening ritual is much the same... I work hard to get it all done by the time the kiddos go to bed so that is OUR time... with Ipads and tvs too of course :)

More Than Words said...

LOL, our evening ritual sounds almost identical!! And I also have about hours of sleep almost every night! I need to change that though and get more hours! And wow..that is pretty cool about your hubby! He was determined, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

When I met Prince Charming I knew I'd love him...I knew I wanted to be with him...I wasn't sure I'd ever marry him though.

~ Noelle said...

isn't it funny how sleep works once you become a mom?
i used to be able to function (if you call it that) on a couple hours in college...
then i needed more once college was over... now as a mommy, i hardly get any, but i think i am managing okay! lol