Friday, September 24, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Everybody knows we're a baseball family. We live, breathe and eat baseball it seems 24 hours a day. If David could start the boys playing at 3 yrs old then he would. Fortunately the local league around here won't start them until they are 4 or 5. Of course he thinks Allie is going to play too - I have other things to say about that though. I deserve a gym for gymnastics or a dance studio at least once in my life I think.


T ball is cute and funny because the kids are first starting out but when you're going from action packed kids pitch games to a t ball game back and back you kinda get the feeling you're sitting there watching paint dry. You can't start coaches pitch until you're 7 around here so this is Jacob's first year getting to play what we call "the first years of REAL ball". He's really enjoying it and he's far beyond his age in skill right now. He still needs a little work on batting but let me tell you that boy has an arm. Not only does he have an arm but he's got a straight pitch that's fast and clearly has something to it. He wants to be a pitcher - he made his mind up a year or so ago and has not wavered since. He's still got 2 years before he's able to actually pitch and I hope the desire doesn't leave him.



I think he may even get a little bored at this level -here is what he was doing during the game. I have no idea what was going on in his mind but he obviously was having a good time.



Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Yes, we call them the "dirt diggers." And even at the 10 year old level for us it seems, we get one or two :) I'll bet as much as he is around the sport he will stick with it :) He looks so big too.

Cassie said...

I'm glad he is doing so well! But I do think Allie would be adorable in a little tutu! She definitely needs a chance to be in dance, at least while she's that little!

McCrakensx4 said...

I know the feeling...watching Colin 'get through' the early days to get to the kid pitched seasons was hard! I hope he has fun and I hope you get that dance studio!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh is he a cutie!! I LOVE that first photo!

Heather said...

Great pictures!! I can't wait for the baseball years... I always loved t-ball myself. heehee I wonder what he was doing out in the field - talking to his finger???

Playing major catch-up with your blog right now... watch me go!