Friday, September 10, 2010

5 Question Friday

I've been absent so long it's been forever and a day since I've done 5 Question Friday. Usually by the time Friday rolls around the only thing my brain can do is answer random questions. I'm in desperate need of blog catch up and I hope to get that done very very soon but until then here's my Friday randomness!


1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?


Horribly guilty! I have fun shopping and if I don't stop to think then I don't feel guilty until after I actually make my purchase and then I end up returning it. However if I stop to think while I'm looking I have an argument with myself right in the middle of the store. I hardly ever end up leaving with what I wanted. I am bad about it - when I get gifts for my birthday or something that are money I even have a tough time with that - 9 times out of 10 the money goes into our checking account to pay a bill or buy groceries or something like that. I can't remember the last time I actually spent it on myself. Crazy how we moms are like that!
2. How well do you know your neighbors?

Depends on who we're talking about. I know the people all around me with the exception of those on one side of me and I have no desire to know them any better than their loud obnoxious music and rude ways that they have - I really wish they'd take those and move them somewhere else along with all their belongings but they probably won't since that's what I want so I don't bother with them. The others around me are wonderful - we don't do block parties or anything but if we needed something we'd have somewhere to go.

3. What age are you looking forward to being?

Oh I'm bad about this. I'm scared of getting older - mostly because I'm more scared of the old old age and dying part. I want to age and stay healthy and fit and fun - if that happens then I'm all for it but I'd really like to stay where I'm at right now. I know - I'm a scaredy cat!
4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?

If I'm expecting something then yes otherwise you can keep the bills! Especially the medical bills from deliveries and unexpected back issues that my husband had a few years ago that I never have the money to pay.
5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

It could be said I suppose that I have issues. I remember very little about my childhood. Honestly I can't remember when the first memory I have would have been - I believe it was around 4 or 5 - that's scary,isn't it? I hope my kids remember things before that - everything that is so important to us as parents when they are little they never remember.
Now you can head to Mama M's at My Little Life and play along too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Why is it so hard for us to just be good to ourselves once in awhile without guilt? I know this guilt well. I remember the day my brother came home from the hospital... I was 2 1/2. I remember my dad telling me not to touch him, and my mom saying no, let her be. I remember the way our living room looked and everything like it was yesterday... weird huh.

2 sugar momma's bakery said...

Finally have a computer again...catching up with you! I don't remember much before age 6....my husband can remember to 2....things always changed a lot for him...moving etc...but my childhood was really "normal" didn't move out of the same house, went to the same school etc...i think that's why I don't remember as much???

Anonymous said...

I always feel guilty spending monehy on myself. I always put my stuff back before I get to the checkout. Horrible!! But I would have equally the same amount in stuff for my kids that I buy that they DON'T need, ha!

Anonymous said...

I always feel guilty spending monehy on myself. I always put my stuff back before I get to the checkout. Horrible!! But I would have equally the same amount in stuff for my kids that I buy that they DON'T need, ha!

Anonymous said...

I am the same way! i feel guilty when I purchase anything for myself and generally put it back before I get to the checkout. ha! But, I always end up buying the kids stuff that they don't need and not thinking twice about it.

McCrakensx4 said...

Don't feel bad about not being able to remember anything before 4...I don't either!! I do remember my mom putting my hair in curlers, the kind you sleep in, for Christmas morning though! And I would rather spend money on my kids than me! I used to look forward getting the mail, but that was when we had a mailbox on our house and now I have to walk to get our mail.