Saturday, September 18, 2010

Caleb and Allie's New School

I'm way behind in blogging right now so I'm going to try to catch up. Caleb and Allie started preschool a few weeks ago and I feel like we're just beginning to get our feet back underneath us. They are going 2 days a week for three hours a day.

I was so excited when I found out I was able to get them enrolled at this preschool - it's by far one of the best around our town and one of the hardest to get into. I have never ever heard a single bad thing about this school. I really wasn't sure that I wanted to put Allie in yet but when I got there and they had an opening I was scared not to take it - my luck I'd have gotten Caleb in and then next year Allie's age group would have been full. I was worried about Allie from the beginning - whether she was ready or not - how she would adjust and exactly how she and I would handle the transition. I knew Caleb would do okay - all I heard was how ready he was to go to school day in and day out all summer while we were waiting for the first day.

We had meet the teacher too. I couldn't be more pleased with their teachers !! They both really like their teachers and surprisingly Allie went straight to hers and gave her a hug - I was shocked!



The first day went great - they both dropped off good with no tears. When I picked them up I heard they only had a few tears throughout the morning but overall did great. Second day wasn't quite as good. It took a few days for Caleb to catch on and want to go without tears but now he's excited and ready to go and can't wait to play when he gets there. He's made a great transition!





       As soon as they walked in the door after their first day they hit the floor - I think they were worn out!

Allie is still adjusting I think - I still worry about her. She's been sick for the last week and a half so I'm sure that has contributed to my worries a little. She has dropped off fine and knows to go to her teacher but has been fussier during the morning while she's there. She has had one great day with no tears at all and then she got sick and fussier as the next school day came up. I picked her up early last week and then she didn't go on Thursday because she was sick so I'm anxious to hear how she does on Tuesday morning when it's time to go back. I hope the fussiness that she developed was just because she didn't feel good and I pray she does well. I have been doing a lot at the older kids school while they are in school and have lots scheduled there to keep me busy. I'm not one that can drop them off and come home until it's time to pick them up again - my lazy days will come soon enough and I dread those!


Photobucket

Photobucket

14 comments:

Cassie said...

I love her skirt in that first picture! Also, I know how you feel about keeping busy while they are at school. If I don't have some kind of meeting or volunteer thing to do, then I spend the whole time cleaning! I just have to keep busy when he's gone!

McCrakensx4 said...

So glad that you are all adjusting and that Caleb is enjoying his first school experience. Allie is building up her immune system and hopefully will be better soon. Sadly kids get sick a lot easier when they first start but as soon as their immune system is built, she should be good to go. What a great experience for both of them.

2 sugar momma's bakery said...

adorable pictures....love the one of allie's belly :) I hope she was fussy from being sick and everything goes well this week!

Erin said...

She is so cute. They both are. I am sure she will slowly adjust :) I hope she does.

Unknown said...

Your kids are SO SO CUTE! that sweet little boy of yours... ah! I love back to school days:)

PotterMama said...

I'm pretty sure Im going to be the one crying when mine start school. They dont even like being left in nursery...ahhh i dont wanna think about it! Hope Allie feels better soon! At least you get a few hours to yourself during the week!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Kids know a good teacher when they see one! Glad it all went well. It's good to get them out of the house and with other kids in a classroom setting early so they learn required behavior.

Hope they make some new friends too!

Vicky said...

So sweet, that last one is to die for... love it. Good for you for trying, and I think Caleb especially will enjoy having so many other kids and new toys to play with. Allie may just take some time :)

Julie said...

Great pics! I'm sure everyone will get adjusted to the new schedule in time (including you).

He & Me + 3 said...

It is a tough transition for some...but they adjust. That is what is so great about kids. She will do fine and adjust. Give it some time. She is precious. I hope that she is feeling better.

More Than Words said...

Wow, Stephanie!! Good for you!! Wow, it's so neat to see the little ones getting some independence! I think it's harder for us moms to cut the cord!

Stacy said...

I am glad that they are both doing good!

~ Noelle said...

love that last one..
please keep it for their yearbook pictures senior year :)

Heather said...

I can't believe you have two in preschool! Love that belly picture! Such a funny girl you have. : )