Friday, May 7, 2010

It's ACTUALLY Working!

My internet is finally back up. What a long 3 weeks!!!!! I spent 5 hours on the phone troubleshooting with the technicians of Verizon and 2 and 1/2 weeks trying to get them to send a truck out to my house. Honestly I don't know if that is how they do all of their customers but if so I don't think their trucks move on a daily basis. There is no way people actually have to go through what I did in order to get a truck to their house. I finally got him here and he was shocked to hear what I had to go through(so much so that he left his personal cell number so I could call him directly if something else happened) and it even took him almost 2 1/2 hours to fix it. At one point I had 2 trucks out here and they were talking to 3 technicians on the phone. Ended up being something wrong with the ICP address,whatever that is.

So of course in our house if it's not one thing it's another. The nurse called from school on Wednesday and said that Jacob was in the healthroom complaining of a bad headache and his throat was swollen. He had a temp of 101.5. She said that strep was going around his class so I should take him to the doc and have him checked out. By the time we got to the doctors office his temp was already 102 and of course the strep test was positive. We went through the list of drugs that he couldn't have since he's allergic to almost everything. The doctor was one we haven't seen before and even she was shocked at his history. We finally put him on a liquid Z pak because 1-he took it last time he had strep and had no problems with it and 2-she said it was totally unrelated to any of the other drugs. Home to bed and isolation for him for the next 24 hours. He stayed home from school yesterday.

All day yesterday Caleb and Allie were unusually fussy. I was trying to clean and I chalked it up to 2/3 year old moods until yesterday afternoon when I felt Caleb and he was warm. I took his temp and it was 101.6. I called doctor at 4 and surprisingly got in to see a doctor at 4:50 the same afternoon. By the time we got there his temp was also 102 and I was feeling like I was having a horrible joke played on me. Little did I know the fit had not hit the shan yet. We waited for 1 and 1/2 hours to see a doctor :( and of course his strep test was positive too!!!! This can't be happening I was thinking until I thought to myself well I wonder if that's what is wrong with Allie too. The doctor looked at her throat and what is that you said....no way...she's getting it too you say? UGH!!!! Yep she's on the way too. Her tonsils are swollen and she has a couple of nodules from what the doctor said. She said she had not the explosion yet of the strep but that she was going to write her a prescription so that we had it. Said to wait until her temp started going up before we gave it to her or it wouldn't work correctly to fight the germs. So I'm thinking the worst has hit right-I mean really it can't get much worse. That is until I pull into the driveway and Caleb throws up all over the car :(

I need a break!!!!!!

I'm hoping I can catch Allie's before she starts feeling too bad! I'm praying Lucas doesn't get it!!! If so then the doc we saw yesterday is on call so she said she would just call him in something but oh my - our bank account has been drained this week by doctors visits and pharmacy runs.

On the plus side my internet is back up so I'm hoping to start catching up over the weekend. Maybe my internet troubles are over for good now and I won't have to worry about that again. Missed you all!!!!!


Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Vicky said...

So glad its working again and we get to have you back! Keeping my fingers crossed that nobody else gets strep!! Hope also you get just the tiniest break!

Alicia W. said...

Bless your heart Steph! I hope that you get some much needed rest this weekend and esp on Sunday.

Liz said...

Yay! Glad things are getting back to normal with your interent....maybe the health will follow~

He & Me + 3 said...

Welcome back with a bang:) Hope everyone is better soon.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Oh goodness! I hope all is well now and things have calmed down for you! Welcome back! Hopefully I'm back now too!