Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween



We only got in about an hour of trick or treating this year before getting soaked! It rained all day long Saturday until about 2 hours before it got dark...when we started out it was dry and the skies were clear but it didn't stay that way for long. We got through about 7 houses before it started sprinkling but kept on because it wasn't anything major....YET. I had left the umbrella at the house since it wasn't raining and the skies looked clear and that was my big mistake! As we got further away the sprinkling became alittle heavier house by house. We got to the end of the street when it started pouring down rain. We walked about 1/2 a mile back home in the downpour and got soaking wet. By the time we got back home everyone and everything was drenched...as we emptied the kids buckets there was about 1/2 inch of water in each one...made for alot of the candy getting thrown out. Interesting Halloween was had by all here in the South. The kids had fun though..they were alittle disappointed that they didn't get more candy but in the end we parents thought they had enough....good side is we won't have candy around our house for another month...my waistline is thankful for that.



                                                                         Allie the ladybug :)



Caleb;our little golfer.



Jacob;ninja turtle



Lucas;I don't know that he has a name but he was the scary dude from Scream



Allie and her Daddy








This is a local house near us that went all out decorating for Halloween. He's apparently a lawyer around town and I have never seen anything like this before. He has a full size plane in his front yard and a hearse with a real coffin. Crazy stuff if you ask me!!!!! He had even more than this but I didn't want to get too gory here...some of it was really creepy!






Also in case you haven't noticed I got a new look. I won a blog makeover from Kelly over at Two kids a Minivan and Alot of Love and I just love it! She was awesome to work with and made sure I was completely happy with everything. I never even saw the stuff before she started...I just gave her an idea of colors and off she went. You did a fabulous job Kelly! Thank you so much!!!!!!! If any of you are in the market for a blog makeover contact her and see what she can do for you...she rocks!

Photobucket


Photobucket

25 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow! The plane in the yard, and a coffin... totally creepy :) My kids would have freaked! The kids all looked so cute... my favorite is actually Caleb! Although Allie is pretty darn adorable as always :)

Erin said...

Ok that house is all out and very scary! How in the world did he get the big plane there and the coffin, just weird but cool? ha ha!

Love the lady big, just like Alex! Super adorable pictures and costumes!

E @ Scottsville said...

LOVE the new header! Super cute!!!

I can't believe that guy has a real plane and herse in his front yard. WOW!!! CREEPY is right!

Love, love, love the darling little ladybug. She's pinchable!

Windy said...

would have loved to see that yard! your kids look great - we got soaked, too - the things we do for our kids, right!?

Laura said...

Bummer it rained but they all look so cute!! I love the golfer outfit, that is adorable!

That house all decked out is crazy! Some people get so into Halloween, but it's fun to see. We stopped at a house that had about 50 carved pumpkins all over their lawn and driveway...it was cool.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

They all looked great!!! I hate that it rained on you all, but at least you got some trick-or-treating in before-hand. That plane/hearse yard looks awesome. Talk about going all out!

Anonymous said...

Great costumes. I love all of them. I can't believe that house!! Wow, they really do go all out. Sorry about the rain. I guess I wished our rain your way. Sorry about that ;)

Stacy said...

First off....Love the new look!!!!!


Second...those kids are too cute!! Love the golfer:)

Third...That house looks awesome!!!

Julie said...

Love the pics & the costumes...well...except for the scream one. That just scares me. :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love the makeover! And the munchkins all look fabulous!

PotterMama said...

I love the new blog! Kelly did great!
All your children were so cute!
Riley was a lady bug her first halloween!
And, that plane and hearse is so cool! I can't believe how much some people go out for halloween!

Cassie said...

I loooove that golfer outfit! But that just may be my love of all things argyle coming through :) I love your new header too btw. Allie looks sooo cute in that tutu!

Lyryn said...

What great pictures!!! What a cute little family!!

Thank you for your awesome comment on my last blog post! It was a hard one for me to write, but there has been a major conviction about what is use to think about stay at home moms and now that I am one... I HaD NO IDEA!!! Wow, very rewarding but still trying to find a piece of me in it! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

That was some crazy decorating. I love the golfer costume. Lucky you that you will not have all that candy around. We got way too much.

McCrakensx4 said...

I love love love lady bug costumes for little girls!! So very cute as was your golfer!! What a great idea! Sorry you were rained out...that is not fun!

Chell said...

Love the costumes... man I thought my neighbor went all out at halloween...that guy takes the cake!

Heather said...

I LOVE, LOVE your new blog layout!!!! Especially the polka dots on the side. LOVE polka dots! Lucky you for winning! I'll have to send people her way for makeovers.... I'm so done with them!

The kids looked adorable in their costumes... well, not sure if Scream is adorable, but you know. : ) The golfer - SO CUTE! And that lawyer's house was crazy!!!

Stephanie said...

You have such beautiful little babies!!! Looks like you had a great time. I can't at all get over how big Allie is getting.

JC said...

The rain was a bummer, but looks like you had a little fun anyway. Love all the costumes, especially the golfer. Don't think I've seen that one before! Way to find the positive in the lack of candy. My waistline will not be as lucky as yours! LOL

Kim said...

Wow that hurse looks like it was something else. Scary!

I loved each of there costumes!
Especially that golfer, too cute.

Love the new layout!!! Extremely cute!

misguided mommy said...

okay the little golfer is wayyyy to cute. like, oh my god i want to make a mental note to do this to one of my kids some day.

the coffin though....uhhh soooo not okay.

PropellerHeadMom said...

Wow - a real plane! I wonder how he got it there.

Cute costumes! Looks like they had a good time!

I love your new blog look!

Just Jiff said...

Love the new blog. easier to read. :)

Love love love the costumes!

And have you lost weight or is it just that I've never seen a full shot of you? You're SKINNY! Not fair after having four kids!!!

*HUGS*

Shannon said...

I love that ladybug outfit. I tried to get one for my daughter but Party City was out when we went. Probably coulda found it someone else but it was last minute....anyways, Allie looks adorable.

Rhiana said...

They're so adorable! Isn't it funny how into Halloween they get? It was cold and rainy here in Atlanta, but we forged through it for about 1 1/2 hours.