Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lucas' 9th Birthday and Happenings

I'm way behind and it doesn't look like things are going to get any better around here. I can't seem to find any time lately to read blogs so please don't think I don't care..I'm just completely exhausted and out of it. Allie has been sick with a cold again and hasn't been sleeping well..I've spent the last 48 hours trying to get vomit smell out of my bedroom from when she got sick two nights ago and today David came home from work with a diagnosis of the much beloved flu at the doctors office. I'm just now getting around to getting Lucas' birthday pictures uploaded to my computer and there's no telling when I might actually get to the rest of them.



Lucas at his birthday dinner celebration! He chose to go to Kanpai-a local Japanese restaurant for his birthday dinner. It is one of his FAVORITE restaurants to go to and his grandparents informed him that he could go anywhere his little heart desired. His eyes got wide and his smile got big and he let them know that he wanted to go to Kanpai. They granted his wish :)




Lucas with his Nendny




Caleb at the restaurant. He thought it was really cool he got an umbrella in his drink :) He was very happy until the chef started a fire on our grill and then he spent the rest of the meal up against the wall until the chef was done cooking.




Jacob has been absolutely terrified of Kanpai since the last time we went took the kids there. He was so scared of the fire that he cried for a week in advance when Lucas decided this is where he wanted to go. After the fire was over and he realized everything was still okay he was a much happier kid!





After dinner Lucas wanted to go bowling so we headed to the local bowling alley.





It was Allie's first time...she had a few missteps at first but fell in love shortly after!




Caleb loved when it was his turn! We put the bumpers up on the kids lane and they had a blast. Sorry Mom for the butt picture but it's so cute with both of your rearends sticking up in the air :)






After bowling we headed home for cake and presents.




I told them I needed a picture of them as proof that they actually did care about each other :)




Lucas opening his watch from his Bubba.




The new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book he's been wanting.




Opening his BIG present!




When we went to Target the other day I discovered the new Spongebob collection of the First 100 episodes. It was a box set that contained 14 discs and 38 hours of Spongebog. Lucas fell in love and wanted it more than anything. We wanted to get it for him for his birthday but I wanted to be clever about the way that I wrapped it so he wouldn't know what it was. David had a fan box in his truck so I put it in there and stuffed it with plastic bags so he'd be clueless. When he first opened it he saw the fan and thought it was for his new room we are fixing for him. I was shocked he was actually happy about it. I figured he'd be disappointed when we told him that but he wasn't. I then told him he should open it up and take a look at it.





I think he was alittle more excited for the movies,don't you?
I love the expression on his face!



Lucas loves cookie cakes so he usually chooses to have this instead of a regular cake for his birthday. This year was no different.






His actual birthday was on Sunday night but since it was a school night we celebrated on Saturday with family. On Sunday he got to choose what he wanted at home to eat and he chose sloppy joes. Last thing you would think a kid could choose but it's his most favorite meal in the entire world!!!!!!



8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were awesome. I love the one of Allie sliding. Glad he had a great time.

Laura said...

What an awesome birthday...looked like everyone had a great time! Bowling is so much fun! :)

Stacy said...

We love Kanpai!!! Looks like Lucas had a great time!~

Your pictures at the bowling alley look great!

PotterMama said...

I haven't been to the bowling alley in forever! Im glad you had fun! I love Japanese places to!!! They are so fun.

More Than Words said...

Looks like a wonderful party!!!! I would prefer a cookie cake too! Yum!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a fun b-day!!! Great pics!

Alicia W. said...

Now that is a great birthday for sure! :)

Drew said...

What a fun day for Lucas! That Japanese restaurant looks so neat. We have some near us, but I would never be able to talk Mark into going. He's an Outback kind of guy.