Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jacob's 6th Birthday




We celebrated Jacob's birthday last Saturday. We've started doing things just as a family on the kids birthdays and in the past couple of years have found it easier than doing huge parties. Each year on their individual birthday they get to choose where they want to eat and pick an activity that they want to do. After that we come home and have cake and open presents.




Surprisingly Jacob decided he wanted to go and eat shrimp for his birthday. After I picked my mouth up off the floor with his very unusual request that is what we did. At the restaurant David told the waitress that it was Jacob's birthday so they came out and sang to him and brought him a piece of cake. He had no idea that his dad had told them that and honestly I don't think he even knew it could be done so he was completely shocked! His mouth fell open and he looked like a deer in the headlights. After it was over he let his dad know that if he ever did that again he was going to be highly upset with him. You can look at his face in the pictures and tell how surprised he was. Afterwards we went to Frankie's which is a local attraction that has arcade games inside and then race cars,bumper boats and other rides outside.










They all had a blast riding the go carts and Caleb even decided he wanted to ride this year. We were all shocked that he was interested in doing it so young but he insisted and had a blast. Jacob rode the go carts 3 times and went on the Fun Slide that was who knows how many feet high 3 times.










After that we headed home for cake and presents. Jacob is obsessed with Power Rangers this year so everything we got for him had something to do with Power Rangers. He got several different toys and then a couple of movies.













Everytime he started to open another present Allie wanted to take it from him. As soon as he got it halfway open she immediately grabbed it or started yelling at him to give it to her and then would go and give it to her grandmother. He handled it very well though and let her have them when she wanted them. It was the cutest thing! Christmas is going to be tons of fun with her this year..I just can't wait!

I realized after we got home and I was getting his cake ready that I forgot to buy candles so I had to get creative. You see my result.







After eating cake Jacob and Lucas decided they wanted to go back to their grandparents house and spend the night so we packed all the new toys up and off they went.

Now we have another birthday this week....Lucas' is this Sunday so more preparations are ordered...I'll be ready for a break after Sunday.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like Jacob had a great birthday!'


Looks like we might need to visit frankie's!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun time with just the family. I love that he wanted shrimp. My kids don't even know what that is. LOL I don't do seafood...so neither do they. Yikes.
Love your husbands hat. Go Tarheels!
Cute birthday cake too. Did you make it?
Happy Birthday Jacob! Hope this year is the best ever!

Julie said...

How cute! Looks like a great time. I, too, had a Power Ranger boy. I even made him the same cake as Jacob's, but ours was the Blue Ranger ;-) Family parties are the BEST, aren't they? Happy, Happy Birthday, Jacob!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

What a great birthday! I love that he wanted Shrimp that is soo cool! My kids don't eat seafood..boo hoo!!!

Happy Birthday Jacob!

More Than Words said...

What a fun birthday!!! He had a very cool day!!

LOL @ the shrimp! I know..I trip out on the things my kids are willing to eat!

Veronica said...

Looks like Jacob had a blast! Love what you did for candles too!

Alicia W. said...

Awww.. Look at him having such a great time. You made his day so special and I just loved looking at all the great pictures. Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend.

PotterMama said...

What a great idea! Family activities instead of huge parties!! Great cake btw, I ALWAYS seem to forget the candles. This year, my husband had a votive candle in his cake =-) Happy Birthday Jacob!

Windy said...

Love the pics and the cake! We have been doing family parties, too. It's much easier and I think it means more to them:)

Lyryn said...

Happy birthday to him! My little one turned two today!

E @ Scottsville said...

Did you MAKE that cake, Steph? If so, great job!!!

I love hte pictures of Lil Sis trying to HELP him so much. ha ha ha

Oh,that brings back memories of Riley. =0)

Kim said...

He looks so happy & looks like he had a blast for his b-day!!!
I can't wait for this year's Christmas as well! H is doing the same things as Allie is doing! hehe, cuteness!