Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback


I've been out of the blogging loop for the last week or so. I've been keeping up with reading other blogs and commenting but haven't done such a good job at blogging myself. I figured the best way to try and get back in was to not skip another day and what better day to figure it out but Friday Photo Flashback. Alicia started this meme for all of us that have old pictures scanned into our computers..head over to her blog and join in on the fun.

This was my dog,Midnight when I was little. We got him when I was five years old and my world revolved around this dog as I got older. As I think back it makes me incredibly sad that he isn't with me anymore. He passed away when I was 21 and I still to this day remember the phone call from my dad telling me that he was gone. I remember it being one of the single worst days of my entire life. He was my best friend and I absolutely adored him...I didn't have a bad life...I had what I needed and I had parents that cared about me. However growing up with parents that are divorced and going back and forth from house to house is not the easiest thing in the world. Midnight made it easier for me...I always had him. The first picture of him is how I vividly remember him...he always had a yellow tennis ball in his mouth...he adored balls!!!! We used to say that if you threw one off the edge of the Grand Canyon then he would chase it. He actually lost one of his eyes when he got hit with a golf ball when he was older and even then he still would chase one around the yard anytime of day or night.



10 comments:

Veronica said...

Don't feel bad...I felt a little out of the loop this week too. Glad you're back! :)

That's awesome that you have such special memories of you and Midnight. Growing up, we had a couple of dogs that were really special to us too.

Hope you have a great weekend and talk to you later!

Vicky said...

Okay, not only does he look like a great companion but look how cute you are! I think you do such a great job blogging and juggling 4 little ones! You get an automatic free pass if you're not here for a few days :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Great pictures. Pets are such important parts of our lives. That is why we really want to get our kids a doggie.

More Than Words said...

Awww..Stephanie! He is adorable!! I would be devastated too!!!!!!!!!!

PropellerHeadMom said...

Wow - I had a dog that looked a lot like your dog when I was 5! Mine was a black, minature poodle. She was a great dog!

E @ Scottsville said...

AWwwwwww. Great post, and weren't you adorable? And that doll laying on the bed? I have that same one! Not "had" but still HAVE! She was my very last doll, so I kept her. =0)

My dog that I just loved, loved, loved was Herman. He'd listen to me in my times of sadness - there weren't too many, but he was there when I needed him. =0)

Alicia W. said...

What a sweet furr baby! I have always thought of any of the animals I had growing up as a sibling (since I was the only child). My Mom always would get so upset with me for bringing home any and every stray animal I found. Thankfully we now have animal shelters where people can go and adopt and save a pet. :)

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww, He was so cute!
He lived for a long time, Wow!

Muthering Heights said...

What a sweet companion!

Erin said...

What a wonderful memory you have...that dog does look like an awesome companion for a cute little girl.